AGREEMENT AND DISAGREEMENT
1. Neither Rahim nor Rini ——- qualified for the job.
2. The child cried for —– mother.
3. Sara was one—–
A. of the happy childs of her class
B. of the happiest child in the class
C. the child who the happiest of all the class
D. of the happiest children in the class
4. Last year, one of the major —– load shedding.
A. problems is
B. problem was
C. problems was
D. problems has been
5. Neither of the students ——- turned in the term papers to the teachers yet.
6. Three – fourths of the earth’s surface —– by water.
A. are covered
C. is covered
D. has covered
7. Choose the correct sentence from the following:
A. It are the students who have decorated the room.
B. It is the students who has decorated the room
C. It is the students who have decorated the room.
D. It are the students who has decorated the room
8. ——- there any nursing schools ——- Chittagong.
A. Is, at
B. Are, on
C. Was, in
D. Are, in
9. Where ——- all the boys——?
A. has, gone
B. have, gone
C. did, went
D. does, go
10. Choose the correct sentence.
A. His hairs are not straight and curly
B. His hair is not straight but curly
C. His hairs are straight and curly
D. His hairs are not straight but curly
11. Neither Jane nor brothers —— a consent from for tomorrow’s field trip.
C. is needing
D. are needing
12. Choose the correct verb form: Marine biologists are concerned about the effects of untreated sewage that ——- into coastal water.
C. is flowing
13. Many of the international problems we are now facing——-
A. linguistic incompetence
B. are the results of misunderstanding themselves
C. lacks of the intelligent capabilities of understanding each other
D. are because of not understanding themselves
14. Identify the sentence with the appropriate subject-verb agreement——–
A. Each of them has five minutes to do the job
B. Karim and Rahim has visited the zoo
C. Many a man come to see the temple every year
D. Neither you nor I are to blame
15. Which one is correct?
A. One of my cousins are a doctor
B. One of my cousin is a doctor
C. One of my cousins is a doctor
D. One of my cousin are a doctor
16. Which of the following sentences is CORRECT?
A. Forty, miles is a long way
B. One dozen of bananas are sufficient
C. One of the boys are absent
D. I, Habib and you are quality
17. Pick up the INCORECT sentence:
A. Justice, as well as marcy, allows it
B. Each of the sisters are clever
C. The mod has dispersed
D. Neither he nor I was there
18. Which of these is correct?
A. Every pair sunglasses she tried on were dark
B. Every pair of sunglasses she tried on was dark
C. Every pairs of sunglass she tried on were dark
D. Both B & C
19. Which of these is correct?
A. Either he or his friends have pulled the wall down
B. Either he or his friends has pulled the wall down
C. Neither he nor his friends has pulled the wall down
D. Both B & C
20. ——— a problem in most big cities.
A. The crimes are
B. Crime is
C. The crime is
উত্তরঃ B21. Neither Rini nor Simi ——— qualified for the admission test.
22. Pick the correct part to fill in the gap of the following sentence:
Each of the sons followed ——- father’s trade.
23. ‘Subject-verb Agreement’ refers to——-
A. person only
B. number, person and gender
C. number and person
D. number only
24. The only error in the sentence “One of the recommendation made by the committee was accepted by the authorities” is——-
C. accepted by
25. Neither Rini nor simi ——— qualified for the job.
26. Choose the correct sentence.
A. Everybody have gone there.
B. Everybody are gone there.
C. Everybody has gone there.
D. Everybody has went there.
27. The Arabian Nights —– still a great favourite.
28. At least one of the students —– full marks every time.
B. are getting
D. have got
29. One should be careful about —– duty.
30. Three-fourths of the work ——-finished.
A. have been
C. has been
উত্তরঃ C31. A reward has been announced for the employees who —– hard.
A. have worked
B. has worked
C. will be work
D. have had worked
32. Neither Mr. Karim nor his friend are invited to speak at the seminar.
A. is invited to speak at the seminar
B. are invited to speak at the seminar
C. is to speak at the seminar
D. are speaking at the seminar
33. The big room —— ari-conditioned.
34. After she
A. had bought
B. himself a new car
C. she sold
D. her bicycle
35. Everybody who —– a fever must go home immediately. ?
36. Select the correct sentence—–
A. The man is tall who came to my office
B. The man came to my office who was tall
C. The man who came to my office was tall.
D. My office who came was tall.
37. Select the correct sentence:
A. One of my uncle is lawyer.
B. One of my uncles are lawyers.
C. One of my uncles is a lawyer.
D. One of my incle is lawyers.
38. Choose the correct sentence:
A. A few of the three boys got a prize.
B. Each of the three boys got a prize.
C. Every of the three boys got a prize
D. All the three boys got a prize.
39. English translation of ‘আ্মিই ভাবি’ is.
A. Just I think.
B. It is I who think.
C. I can think
D. Only I think
40. Mr. Ali as well as his two sons (to be) present there yesterday——-
উত্তরঃ A41. None ——- helpless because they can always try.
42. The Arabian Nights —— still a great favourite.